Wednesday 16 October 2013

Quickwrite: Robot Servant

If I had a robot servant who could do anything in my bidding, I think that I would start simply; with obvious choices for tasks: household chores such as cleaning, washing laundry and dishes and cooking food. I’d certainly have a function for an alarm clock, as I’d need all the help I can get waking up in the morning. I also imagine that it would be handy to have a tracking system that would memorize my belongings so that they could be easily found if lost. This robot would help me to tune my instruments to save time while practicing. It would not speak much, but when necessary it would have a soft voice, though not too human, as a voice that sounded too human-like could become unsettling coming from an inanimate creature. This robot would remain around my house and assist me upon my command.

No comments:

Post a Comment