Monday 25 November 2013

Log Book: Jazz Concert


Last night was the annual Jazz Winter concert for our school. It was great, and lots of fun with the exception of one panic-filled moment. As I sat down to play guitar with the grade 12 jazz band, I noticed the name on my music folder was not my own. Somehow I had taken the wrong folder. I left stage and ran to the cafeteria where my guitar case was, then to the band room, all with no avail. As a last resort, I grabbed the original copies of the music from the band room and back. I was very grateful to find that Mr. Johnson had taken the opportunity to say thank you's for the evening, effectively stalling until I returned. The picture above shows an empty music stand, and I think it is clear how that relates to all that madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment